- Duration: 3 years
- Start date: TBC
- Requirements: Undergraduate degree in any discipline.
- Location: Osterley, West London
Procurement at Sky
Delivering brilliant entertainment, products and services to our customers is no easy feat. And at Sky, we’re always live. So we depend on our Procurement teams to source the most diverse range of products and services imaginable; from telecoms, to fleet transportation and broadcasting equipment. And this is where you’ll come in, making sure everyone we work with has all the right tools to deliver the game-changing products and services we’re known for.
How the programme works
As a graduate in the team, you’ll rotate in four placements over the course of this three year development programme across the functional procurement areas within: Technology, Entertainment and Group, which includes our Corporate and Marketing operations. You’ll experience the full range of work, while working towards your full CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) qualification giving you a complete grounding in all things Procurement.
Some of the key responsibilities include
- Understand current markets, future trends and suppliers’ business and commercial strategies to assist procurement objectives.
- Create sourcing strategies, leading / supporting for the relevant portfolios re commercial interaction, meetings and negotiations with stakeholders and suppliers.
- Involvement with entire procurement process, including supplier identification, internal stakeholder identification and commercial / contract negotiation.
- Liaise with the various stakeholders and their teams keeping one another fully appraised of supplier communication and involvement.
- Understand current and future opportunities within key stakeholder areas.
- Coordinate the procurement process and ensure knowledge transfer of best procurement practice to the business stakeholders.
- You’ll take the lead in negotiating with suppliers, working closely with the internal teams at Sky to identify ways to improve how we do things.
- You’ll either have, or be on track to complete, an undergraduate degree in any discipline
- You’ll be creative thinkers and innovative in both outlook and approach
- A confident communicator who is analytical and possess numerical skills
So if you want to steer the future course of a high-profile business that affects millions of people every day, apply today.
"Knowing our customers are enjoying the user experience of NOW TV makes coming into work each day really exciting."
Name: Estelle Riggenbach
Job title: Services and UX Designer (User Experience)
What area of NOW TV do you work in? I work as a UX designer within NOW TV’s Customer Design team. Which is all about improving the design of the NOW TV experience to help customers enjoy more of the TV they want to watch.
What do you love most about your role? Being the eyes and ears of our customers is great! We’re always looking for ways to improve.
What’s the best thing about working at NOW TV? Independence. People put their trust in you and are open minded about your suggestions. This is just one of the reasons why NOW TV has the perfect environment to work in.
Take us back to when you were little, and tell us what you wanted to be when you grew up? It was forever changing! School teacher, maybe a vet. At one point, I even wanted to be an architect so I could build amazing houses.
Tell us about a project that you are most proud of and why? It has to be my first project since I’ve joined NOW TV, which was looking at the design of the ‘my account’ survey. It was challenging as the completion rate was less than 1% and we needed to increase it. Being new, I had to work with a range of stakeholders across the business, so getting up to speed on who people were and what they did was a real challenge for me. Two months later, by everyone working together as one team, we managed to increase the completion rate to over 6%. Ensuring we’re capturing feedback from our customers on what they would like to see improved about NOW TV is vital.
Are you a career planner? If so, tell us more about it and how has your plan changed over time? I wanted to be an architect but I realised it was extremely technical. So, I decided to take some interior design classes to try something different but still using my love of design. But after completing my bachelor degree, I still felt there was something missing in my work. I then decided to upskill taking on a masters degree in UX/Services design which was the best choice I’ve ever made! Being able to use the different steps of the design process in my day to day work is something I am very passionate about. Knowing our customers are enjoying the user experience of NOW TV makes coming into work each day really exciting.
Tell us about a manager who has really supported your development and how they did this? My UX lead has been very helpful since I joined NOW TV. He took the time to show me around and explain how things worked here. He’s also given me a range of projects and freedom to simply get on with the job.
What’s the best advice you could give to a post graduate looking for a job? Always have faith in yourself and stay positive. Hiring Managers are not only looking at your skills on paper, but also at how you would work as part of their team. Stay focused and connected. If you don’t hear back, follow up, perseverance is key.
What’s the most useful bit of feedback you’ve received? Never be scared to fail. Always make the most of the opportunities you’re given as you never know what’s around the corner.
Shane talks about his career development and how to plan ahead for your PDP